The machining service, ARCOFIL's original activity, involves NC machining using various types of process.
EDM and laser:
- Wire-cut EDM, from 0.03 mm
- Die-sink EDM with shaped electrodes
- Tapping with electrodes
- Micro-drilling from 0.10 mm
- Troubleshooting (extraction of broken tools)
- Partial secondary machining operations
- Making prototypes, short or long runs of micro-technical components (watchmaking and medical)
- Making complex mechanical and micro-technical parts (institutes, metrology and aerospace)
Traditional stock removal machining:
- Custom machining of parts from customer plans (subcontracting)
- Milling with 3 and 5 CNC axes
- CNC turning
- CNC turning-milling on Ø51 mm bar, with gear hobbing option
- Other types of conventional machining
- Making prototypes and/or short runs of complex mechanical and micro-technical components
- Making stamping tool components, tooling components, sub-assemblies and assemblies (machining, purchasing, fitting)
- Adjusting and fitting stamping tool and production tools
- Production equipment maintenance service (stamp tool, tooling and specialised machinery)
These kinds of machining relate to the following fields and examples:
- Prototype components, movement skeletons, gauges, date discs, wheel blanks, pallet bridges, other movement steel components and its set of fittings, etc.
- Machining complex shapes, precision positioning (tool and mould components, bores, etc.), machining in various materials, metal, synthetic and other sintered materials such as hard metal.
- Prototypes, validation or test parts, catheter guide frames.
- Secondary operations for complex shapes, repairs..
- Mechanical part prototypes, high-precision secondary operations, rotor and stator plates for electric traction motors and shock absorbers.
Aerospace & R&D Institutes
- Complex custom parts. Special materials.